Take this Longing

In my childhood, I grew up mostly exposed to the music that my parents played. This included a lot of classical music, some oldies, and some classic rock.

There are a few gems that still put a smile on my face and make me feel at ease, such as Nancy Sinatra & Lee Hazelwood, or Leonard Cohen.

I grew up with his soothing voice. The cover of the album called “The Future” from the 1992 springs to my mind whenever I think of Cohen, probably because it spent so much time sitting next to the CD-player while the disc was playing.

But my favorite tracks are not on this album. I love “Suzanne”, “I’m Your Man”, and especially “Take This Longing”. “Dance Me to the End of Time” is another classic too but it sits neatly in fourth place in my personal list of favorites.




Tomorrow, I will see Leonard Cohen live in Tel Aviv.

He landed in Israel on Tuesday with a great hubbub… All eyes and cameras were on him apparently, only it turns out they weren’t! Leonard Cohen actually had a double get off the plane and walk to the fancy limousine to attract the media while he himself skulked away in privacy.

He seems a pretty humble guy… Apparently the hotel even upgraded his room to a fancy suite although he had requested a regular one.

I hope they don’t take him on a humous tour of Israel before his performance. The poor fellow already collapsed on-stage from exhaustion and food poisoning in Valencia! Apparently a “fan” has posted the video on the net, but I’d really rather not see it.

He’ll be performing in a football stadium in Tel Aviv. I wonder if we’ll even be able to see the guy from so far away, but to be honest who knows if there will be another chance to see him live?

Comments

Popular Posts