Amoebas, safety pins, and cookies

manictrout.com is chock full of beautiful, simple beaded jewelry. I’ve never tried making beaded jewelry myself because it generally brings to mind the cheap crap that you get from those vending machines with plastic toys inside. Manictrout, however, is different. Delicate, stylish, and imaginative, I feel more like calling the pieces artwork. Speaking of artwork, there are also watercolor and oil paintings. Everything is for sale. These bracelets struck me as a highly original idea. Very simple and cool, and a little punk. Check out her embellished painting too, which combines oil painting with embroidery.


Safetypin bracelet

I also found the Starving Artist Bazaar which has handmade, glass jewelry. The name of the site is completely awesome to begin with - why can’t I think of anything like that? Different types of jewelry are grouped under mysterious names like “Eukaryotes”, “Protozoa”, and “Amoeba”. With a little bit of imagination, the pieces also look like it. I really want to try working with glass someday, and the likes of this site are really inspiring. Everything on this site is also for sale. Like manictrout, the Starving Artist Bazaar also has some paintings for sale in addition to the glass, and stone & silver jewelry.

Here’s my favorite- the Periwinkle & Seafoam Eukaryote Necklace with Stacked Silver Beads. Worth seeing also are the hair pins.


Eukaryote necklace

Last, but certainly not least, I found the simply delicious etsy shop page of Sweet Stella Designs. Hairpins that look like chocolate cookies, lollipop earrings, cookie bracelets, gourmet chocolate bracelets, a lemon slice necklace, mint rings… It makes me drool, just looking at these pictures. You have got to see this! The jewelry is crafted from polymer clay and silver. Who would believe it? Yum yum yum…


Chocolate bracelet

Comments

Popular Posts