Importing Flickr to Tumblr

I’ve just linked my (highly neglected) Flickr photostream to Tumblr using Yahoo Pipes and this tutorial by jongarcia.info.

While it is possible to directly import the Flickr RSS stream, the images show up as these teeny tine thumbnails that you need a magnifying glass for. So I’ve opted to use this fancy-schmancy piping system that I don’t quite understand to modify the feed and provide nice big pictures instead.

Unfortunately, Tumblr only processes imported RSS feeds every hour, so I’ll have to wait and see what manner of horrors pop up.

I’m mildly annoyed that I couldn’t figure out how to add a tag to the imported feed. It would be nice, so I could keep track of them… But I guess I will either have to activate a few new areas of my brain or try searching and seeing what I can find. And I’m not 100% sure if the tags from the flickr feed will vanish or not.

If the picture is too big and breaks my design, then I will either have to figure out a way to shrink it a little or just redesign my blog, which I feel is in need of an overhaul anyway. 

The first few pictures that will pop up are from 2006, so they are nothing new. But if this works, I’ll possibly be investing a little more love in my Flickr page as well.

Comments

Popular Posts