I've got a job...

I got a job at the workplace I was hoping to get. It starts this Thursday! I’m excited to see what will happen.

While it’s not what I was educated for (art), I think it’s something that will suit me and that I will enjoy. It’s varied, I get to meet people, travel, and muck about with computers and teach people how to use programs and customize them.

In other words, I’ll get paid to do stuff I seem to find myself doing anyway! The work hours will be quite long, but nothing too drastic. However, it’s an area of the city where I’ll have to drive through traffic every day, so a ½ hour roadtrip might easily turn into a 1 hour one if I’m unlucky. 

The location’s great. It’s right next to a delicatessen chain that actually sells bacon. As you might imagine, finding bacon in a kosher country is quite a challenge. I think I might have to make myself a little bit of bacon with egg tomorrow for breakfast, and toast a piece of bread… and then make a proper cup of tea and pretend I’m in England.

Life seems to be taking me along with it to some new and strange places, and I’m enjoying the ride.

Comments

Popular Posts