3 fun daily planners & a few ideas

I’ve got a really fun project going right now - designing a daily planner for a bar that hosts art exhibitions every month. So it will be an artist a month. That planner already has a set style from last year, but I still love to look at other peoples’ designs to see what solutions they’ve come up with.

I’ve focused mainly on the cover for this post, since there are so many potentially awesome design elements to any book. 

Everyone knows Moleskine’s vast array of daily planners, so I thought I’d share a few nifty ones I found online instead.


Erinzam - 2010 Planner


Erinzam's daily planner

This is a planner Erinzam created just for herself, using premade pages sold on etsy. I love the creative use of old spines of books as straps for the binding. The yellow string is a lovely touch on an otherwise minimalistic but beautiful design. All in all, a work of art.


Millicent - Small personalized planner


Millicent's small planner

This colorful planner is designed by Millicent. I love the detail of the monthly tabs along with the bold, cheerful textures. Also, if you follow the link and look inside of the calendar, you will see that the pages inside are also decorated with the letter “M”. A really nice touch!


Bunches of Apples Daily Planner


Bunches of Apples

The cute “Bunches of Apples” daily planner is designed by Nicole. (I have no idea how to pronounce the name of her etsy shop: “ncharshaf”) I like the idea of the rubber band to hold the planner closed. There are few things as annoying as finding that your book has opened in your backpack and now all the pages are scrunched!

* * * * *


Resources:


Just something I made: Vintage book planner tutorial
This tutorial takes an unwanted but pretty vintage book cover with a premade spiral planner and a decorative file folder and combines them all into a unique and simple planner

Photoshop Vintage Traveler Diary
Just in case you’d rather make one in photoshop than in real life… No, but seriously, the reason I included this tutorial was that perhaps it could give you some ideas on the actual design of the pages. You could fill the planner with some cool, decorative pages made in the same style as the finished product in this tutorial.

Droplet DIY planner and calendar pages

In case you already know how to bind your book and you just need the content, here’s the content! Droplet sells these nice premade calendar and planner pages for you to use for your own personal projects.

* * * * *

Note: Weirdly enough, there aren’t too many tutorials out there for planners that I could find, so if you do find one, please send me a link and I’ll add it here. Also, feel free to share your favorite planner designs!

There are plenty of ideas for decorating covers, or for binding books, however, so perhaps it’s best to rely on those tutorials meanwhile.

Comments

Popular Posts