misshkchapman:



redproject:



Hoodlum by ~wearetheinternet on deviantART



There is so much wonderful artwork inspired by Fairytales.  It’s as if there is a whole new revival of folk art, not just in the music of people like Johnny Flynn, Michael Hurley, Mumford & Sons and Laura Marling but in art as well.  I recently went to an exhibition and one of the artists, Lizzie Stewart, blew me away.  I love it because it is taking so many aspects of things I love and making me look at it in a whole new way.  Recently I was inspired to pick up my pencils again and it is images like this that keep me going.



Beautiful. I recently re-read a Moomin book (“The Magician’s Hat” in Swedish) and the descriptions were so beautiful I felt like trying to draw something. This image is simple yet delicate and very well-thought out and convinces me I should definitely make something.

Comments

Popular Posts