Ani rotsa lilmod ivrit

This is what we learned today. “I want to learn Hebrew.” The infinitive form.

We spent an hour saying how much we want to learn Hebrew and how much we want to write letters.

I said: Ani rotsa lichtov blog! I want to write in my blog! (There are probably some grammatical errors in this.)

I do want to learn Hebrew, but I don’t generally enjoy it. Last night I had such a tight knot in my stomach and a metal cage around my heart, squeezing it, saying “No, I don’t want to go!” that I felt physically ill with the sensation.

But I went anyway.

And today was OK. This is a big improvement, because most days range from horrible to awful.

I still got a list of seven unidentified words that I scribbled down almost as fast as the teacher kept firing them off… Where’s my walking-talking-living Hebrew-English dictionary when I need it?

Comments

Popular Posts