Nuked chocolate mug cake

Everyone and their dog has probably seen the recipe for the “5 minute cocolate cake” as originally posted by Dizzy Dee. But it took me this many months to finally getting around to testing it! Her website doesn’t seem to work right this moment but that didn’t stop me from googling it again and looking at the cached version of the entry of chocolatey goodness.

The recipe is really simple, and why it didn’t take me exactly 5 minutes to do it, I can safely say it was under 15 minutes, and I was making TWO of them at the same time.

I had all the ingredients loafing about in the kitchen. I’ve read that some people make this microwave cake inside a bowl instead of a cup, but for the sake of Doing Things Right for a Change, I decided to do it inside the cup as per the original instructions. I used 70% cocoa powder, which is probably a way better result than using some “watered down, pre-sweetened” Nesquick-type crap.



Ingredients:

4 Tablespoons cake flour
4 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons cocoa
1 Egg
3 Tablespoons milk
3 Tablespoons oil
1 Mug

Instructions:


  1. Mix flour, sugar and cocoa.

  2. Spoon in 1 egg Pour in milk and oil, and mix well.

  3. Put in microwave for 3 minutes on maximum power (1000watt).

  4. Wait until it stops rising and sets in the mug

  5. Tip contents out of mug onto saucer and enjoy!


It took a really short while, turned into a delicious, chocolatey spongey cake which I ate with some vanilla ice cream.

Unfortunately, I don’t have a photo as we both ate it so fast that all we have left now are a few chocolatey crumbs floating around in a smear of icecream. Mmmmm…

Gäh. So full I could explode. But so yummy…

Comments

Popular Posts