Road Trip!

Tonight, I am moving. It seems I have difficulties staying rooted in one place for more than two, three years at a time!

So, tonight the road trip to Hungary begins. It begins with a simple ferry trip to Germany. This should hopefully be void of drunk Swedes banging on the wrong door shouting for BÖRJE!! BÖRJEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! to come out. (Not that I experienced that particular incident myself). I say hopefully, since our cabin won’t be C-class, it’ll be a fair bit nicer than that.

We make landfall tomorrow around midnight, and then begins the slightly more hard part - driving some 1390 km to our destination with a car full of my personal belongings. (Plx not 2 steal kk?)

I still haven’t packed everything, and while I am filling up a hideous (but oh so handy) IKEA-bag with things to be boxed, I am getting restless at already 8:45 am, because no one else in the house is awake yet and I have questions to ask of my fellow denizens.

We should be driving through some “weird” places I’ve never been before, former Soviet block countries. Cool. Then I can pretend I’ve actually seen the place although it’ll likely be pitchblack or only through the windowpane of a car, or possibly the disgusting lavoratory of some gas station.

I am currently continuing my project of packing my cds into mp3-form so I can take them with me. A few of the albums have this annoying copy protection thing, so I’ll probably have to resort to illegal means so as to take a copy with me. How rude. It’s not like I’m going to go to the nearest pirate torrent site and upload these - I just want them with me in a shape that takes slightly less volume! Grrr… So far, the only bugger who’s been able to keep me from packing him with me is Ben Harper’s “Diamonds on the Inside”.

So yes, anyway, if I don’t reappear in a few days, I probably got kidnapped or stranded along the way. Perhaps you can console yourselves with freshly baked cinnamon buns instead meanwhile during the time it takes for my resurrection.

Over and out! UP UP AND AWAYYYyyYyyyyyy…..

Comments

Popular Posts