Troubles

WARNING! HAZARDOUSLY SCRAMBLED EMO POST!

First, I’m going to start with some positive news. The website is pretty much mostly done, so feel free to take a peek if you haven’t already done so. I’ve figured out how to add a totally awesome flash thing that allows you to look at a sketchbook and turn the pages as though it were a real book. I’m really excited about it. Now I just have to finish it and upload it.. :) Second of all, a friend and I are going to start trying to design our own cards, envelopes, etc etc with our artwork on it. It’ll be for sale if all goes well. I’m really excited about it, but I wish I had more time to think about it. Finally, I’m helping her with her own exhibition at work! It’s really exciting to help an exhibition along that I’m genuinely fond of. (I like the artist even more than the art, of course. :) ) The excitement is contagious and most of the office is tingling with anticipation. It even made spamming 1400 people seem like not that bad a thing, although I spelled the artist’s name wrong on about 1200 of the invitations :(

Yeah, this is going to be one of those generic emo blog posts. I apologize beforehand. If you don’t want to hear excessive whining, you’re best off skipping this one!

I suppose I’d better start off with the biggest problem: My grandfather is in the hospital. He’s been there about a week now and he’ll probably be there for several more weeks as well, assuming his health remains the way it is now. I’d like to be optimistic and say he is “stable”, which he is. Unfortunately, he is also very ill. So despite his “stable” state, if it takes a dip down, it is immediately a severe and dangerous situation. :(

When we were following the ambulance at 140 km/h, my nose wouldn’t stop crying. My eyes were fine, no blurry vision, but the damn nose was so distressed that I had to wipe it with windscreen-cleaning-tissues. The result was a rather smelly nose which remained moist from the fluid on the tissue, but at least it stopped dripping.
I snapped blurry photographs of the ambulance while my dad tried to keep up. He told me to tell any policeman who stopped us that my grandfather was dying in the ambulance in front of us and that I really didn’t want to miss my final moments with him…
It was unfortunately not a great exaggeration, and at the time we really did think he was dying. He recovered at the hospital however. “Recovered”, in this case, is a relative term. I mean to say that his heart rate went back to being very very low instead of insanely dangerously low.
The photographs are not very good. They show an ambulance with sirens and blinking lights on driving over wet, icy roads. The sky hangs low and threatening. Cards dodge to the side and we push on past through them. Strangely enough, they all seem to take us zipping past them attached to the tail of the ambulance in stride, some of them even seem to understand what is going on - that we’re not some freeloading adrenalinaholics chasing the ambulance for fun.
Perhaps even more shocking is that one car refuses to make way for the ambulance. But we pass it anyway despite its astounding rudeness.

That was earlier in the week. My grandfather’s lungs barely work. It’s years of smoking. I know, it gets spammed a lot in today’s society and I do feel sorry for the smokers who have to put up with it, but it is actually for a good reason:



OI! You smoker! Even if you don’t get lung cancer, your lungs are going to give you a slow, phlegmy death if you’re lucky enough to live that long!

I’m serious. You should see the poor old man. And ok, if not getting enough oxygen and having your lungs full of black mucus doesn’t bother you, then the impact on his other problems is significant enough that it’s really really really not worth him smoking anymore.
Of course, the first thing he swears he’s going to do when he gets home is start smoking again. Sometimes he can be so stupid. My dad sees what has become of grandpa, but of course he keeps smoking too. (Yeah, I know you won’t like me writing that, but tough shit!)

So then, on to trouble number 2, which is perhaps the least serious. I’m a little worried about meeting all my deadlines at work… But I think I can do it anyway.

Number three, I’m stressing out because of Eyal’s exams. Tomorrow, he has a really big scary one… in .. just some hours, actually. I hope he doesn’t read this and freak out.
Studying for these exams takes up almost all his time these days and I miss having someone to spill my worries to at my own convenience. But even from so far away with so much on his own dear heart and mind, he’s been really supportive and concerned concerning grandpa’s health. It depresses me that grandpa is 0% interested in return. I guess he has problems of his own, and I guess it’s selfish of me to wish that he would show a little more interest in the man I’ve chosen to hopefully spend my life with. Oh well.
I don’t know when I’m going to see him again. He promises to come after the end of the month when he passes all his exams, but it’s very frustrating to not know an exact date.

Four, drama drama drama! What’s with the internal drama? I won’t go into it here, but some people are so insanely selfish and illogical that I want to go give them a proper talking-to. Unfortunately, it’s not my place to do so, and so I can’t go punish the nutter.
(Again, my apologies. I know certain other people won’t enjoy reading this, but I have to get it off my bloody chest. Live with it.)

Comments

Popular Posts