Vacation interlude

The persistent Ann-Mi still eggs on. I am alive.

Two weeks were spent with my partner and two good weeks they were.
The first was spent shacked up together in the summerhouse. We were both aware that this was the first time we were spending that much time together with no outside stimulus around to distract us from each other. It was either going to be make or break. We would be at each others’ throats or we would actually get along … And we survived. I enjoyed every moment of it except for the itching mosquito bites and when a very precise piss-ant bit and consequently ‘urinated’ exactly in the middle of a mosquito bite.
My guy got to meet my parents for the first time as well as both my brothers, a fiancé of one of theirs, a cousin and his respective partner. Much sausage-grilling, beer-guzzling, cider-tasting, Koskenkorva-downing, and Pálinka-coughing was experienced. All in all, week one ended a success.

Week two was more hectic. This consisted mostly of traveling from Helsinki to other places, including Stockholm to meet darla and the Moomin. We also visited a very chaotic and rainy medieval festival in the middle of nowhere in Finland and enjoyed ourselves despite previously only having experienced big successful medieval festivals in the US of A.

All two weeks I tried to keep him off his normal diet of take-out food, and especially McDonald’s. He insisted however on trying some of the local versions of McDonald’s and so I joined him in this endeavor. It was a pleasure to explore my own country with him and discover many nice new places next to me. It’s amazing how a little change in routine can open my eyes to things like that other street next to the other street I usually go on or a little corner shop I only dared go past and never enter.

I’m now on a 2-day break from vacationing. This mostly consists of trying to catch up with the rest of the world, emptying my last cardboard boxes from the garage, and trying to prepare myself for the heat of the Israel sun. I’m going to be gone again until the beginning of August with even more to tell, but hopefully I’ll have time for a couple updates before I leave on the 19th and even put up a few pictures.

On another note.. damn. I really have to do something about the layout. It’s beginning to be an eyesore.

Edit: Ahhh. That’s a bit better… But I really have to stop editing now or I’ll never get anything else done.

Comments

Popular Posts