University

So today I got a letter from the university. 3 days ahead of the time they said they’d tell people. The envelope was large, the size of an A4. I expected the worst but hoped for the best, confused, wondering why it came so early. 

I peeled it open, my dad wanted to pause the dvd I was watching, but I said it was ok, keep watching, I’ve seen it anyway. So I opened it and pulled it out. 



You have not been accepted.



Oh well. Wait. Oh look, there’s a bunch of tickboxes down here. Hmm. 



Because of your: 
X - Portfolio 



Ah. Nice. Right. Oh well. I wasn’t expecting to get in anyway. But damn it, I wanted to. If I had though, it would have been something akin to winning the lottery - tremendously against the odds. 

I wish they said more precisely what’s wrong with my portfolio. Sure, I’m not Michaelangelo, but if I were, I wouldn’t be trying to improve myself, would I? 

Oh well. 

The funny thing is, about 10 minutes later, a character on the dvd got accepted into some sort of a scholarship or thingy. Ha. But she gets shot very soon after that, so that’s fine by me. I’d rather stay alive and not get accepted, tyvm. 

I feel a little.. disappointed. Mostly because they were so convinced that I was so crap that they made up their mind this many days ahead of schedule. 

Ahh, I’m not out of options. I feel a little hollow now. Not as crushed as I should be. Not as happy as I should be. At least I don’t have problems with the interview dates overlapping with my next trip. Hmmhrhh. 
Headache. 

I think I need to go mooch in some corner somewhere. Incidentally, my internet has been verrrrry verrry bad lately. Keeps cutting out. Wonder what’s up with that. 

My poor bruised ego…

Comments

Popular Posts