Nice weather


Arthur Gonzales

I would like to begin with sharing you my new favorite sculpture. It’s by Arthur Gonzales. It’s a combination of the natural and manmade, all twisted and combined into this rusty, wooden, pinocchio of a thing. Absolutely beautiful. 


It’s a beautiful daaaaay 
The suuun is shiniiiing 
I FEEL GOOOOOOOD!

Ahem. It’s been pretty much sunny for a straight week now. After a dark non-snow winter, this has been very much a relief. It’s so light that when I get home from work, it’s not dark yet! Ok, so half the time I get home in the afternoon and half the time in the evening, but still. Light in either case. 

I’m about to set off on an expidition. My bus timetables are a little odd… They’re not practical at all. I have to set off really early to get there on time and then have 25 minutes to waste, or then I can set off at a less insane time and then arrive six minutes late. The idea of going late anywhere when I’ve been told to get there at a specific time goes very much against my Lawful Good side of the brain, and so I make myself go too early most of the time. 

Now, however, I am going to attempt something new. I am going to… take another bus! WOW! Unfortunately, this other bus leaves from a strange area of my little world which involves tromping about for about 15 minutes to get there. But since I’ve decided that I suddenly got fat overnight and need to lose a kilo or two, I figure 15 minutes of walking is probably not harmful. Ok, so it won’t make me an insta-twig, but hey. Combined with running up and down stairs as soon as I arrive, maybe it’ll be helpful. And if not, at least it’s a good crisp day out there and I can enjoy the weather. 

Now, I’m trying to decide at what time I should leave. The online timetable says that exiting the house at 12:32 is a good idea. However, since I don’t know the way and because the walk speed guesstimation ability of it is a little off, I figure I’ll leave nice and early instead. 

In the end, I’ll probably get there 25 minutes too early anyway, but hey, at least I scouted out a new route for future reference.

Comments

Popular Posts