My menagerie

Yesterday, I went for a walk in the woods and brought my little menagerie of critters along. Sorry about the huge amount of pictures, but I just couldn’t decide which to post. I did manage to cut it down from 28 though. 
Most of them are needle-felted, like good old Orff (if anyone remembers him), but the tigerbunny is acrylics on paper folded into traditional rabbit origami. 

If you should for some reason wish to view them in larger resolution, check in on my website in a couple days and you can see it. 

Newest of all is the squirrel who I have nicknamed Kop. He’s needlefelted with an experimental body made of styrofoam and tin wire. His appendages, including his tail, can be bent to whatever shape desired, and unlike the earlier crow and cat, he can actually sit without help. 

Kop  

His predecessor is the Crow, who was inspired by a story I wrote in my last university year. He had experimental pipecleaner claws and was meant to be able to grab on to stuff with them. He can, but unfortunately he can’t stay standing. I also experimented with incorporating feathers into the wool. 

Crow 

Here’s the tree-sitting duo! 

Duo

Orff makes a cameo appearance. 

Orff

And finally, the infamous meat-eating origami tiger-bunny! 

Tigerbunny

Comments

Popular Posts