ImagineFXposé!


Quite a while back, I announced the discovery of an art magazine that I liked. It’s sci-fi and fantasy themed and features only digital artwork. It’s closely tied with the conceptart.org forums and has lots of tips from professionals on just about everything you’d want to know (from how to get a job in it or education to more technical things like making realistic skin tones or creating depth). 

A few days ago, I eagerly ripped open the wrapping-plastic from around my brand new spanktacular ImagineFX magazine. I flicked through it fast, mentally marking interesting articles. It’s so choc-full of interesting stuff that I can’t just read it from cover to back - it would take too long. I start with the best parts and then work my way down from there. 

My skimming was soon interrupted. It was an image in the exposé part of the magazine. It struck me and I peered at it, murmuring, “Ooohhhh, that’s nice.” I looked at what nationality the artist was. Finland. “Oooh, very interesting.” Then I glanced at the name. “WHAT?! NO WAY! COOL!” and all manner of other clichéd expressions of discredulousy flickered through my mind. Yes, it was a former classmate of mine!

So, without further ado, I’m pleased to share with you the artwork of Mikael Modeen! Click the image to get to his site. :) 




So, if you too create digital artwork with a scifi or fantasy theme and want to get noticed, you can run on over to the ImagineFXposé page and upload your own profile. If you’re lucky, you’ll get noticed and even get a one-page feature in the magazine itself.

Comments

Popular Posts