And there was silence

A little note to say I am still alive.

I’ve been busy at work, and I am quite tired when I come home, so I just go to bed… and this leaves no time to blog.

My laptop just died, but I managed to bring it back from the dead. This must make it a zombie. Windows decided to be an asshole and not let me register the key, because it claimed I am not in the right country for it. Although I am. 

This was extremely infuriating, mostly because when I followed the “Get help with this error message”-link, the only help it wanted to give me was on not being a pirate. What an ass! I had to go look elsewhere on the internet to find out how to fix the problem, because believe it or not, I actually have a genuine version of windows with a real key.

So I had to rely on the ‘phone activation’-option, for which there was of course no button in the key activation place OR “stop being a pirate”-site. I had to find mysterious key phrases into the computer before it would activate the phone activation program.

And then followed even more mysterious phrases, while it spoke Hebrew and demanded to know lots and lots and lots and lots of numbers before it in return spouted numbers back. But in the end it worked.

I am left so pissed off that I think the next time, I shan’t bother BUYING Windows. 

And no, this is not the place to say how great Mac or Linux are. I’ve tried both, and unfortunately I still need Windows.

Comments

Popular Posts