Gallery of Smiljana Čoh

Link: Gallery of Smiljana Čoh

Doodlers Anonymous posted a link to gallery of the Croatian childrens’ illustrator, Smiljana Čoh.

Smiljana Coh

The artwork and website are both extremely minimalist, but all the more charming for it. The images are cheerful and uplifting, and somewhat childlike. But despite the naive style, there is a lovely feeling of depth in many of the images.

It is well worth visiting the gallery to view the full resolution images and to experience the quirks of the website itself. I especially enjoy the non-digital, handmade illustrations in pencil or watercolor. Here are a few of my favorites.

Smiljana's Ferris Wheel

Smiljana's Forestscape

I think the image above is my favorite. It very much reminds me of one of my favorite illustrators, Tove Jansson.

Smiljana's Flowers

Comments

Popular Posts