I must be homesick...

Because I just dreamt of such banal things as shopping in Stockmann and Anttila while it’s pitchblack outside and the ground is covered with slush.

I went to Anttila with my brother and bought all kinds of junk that I can’t afford, then Stockmann with my mother and father and looked at all kinds of very Finnish things, like a leather-covered taskumatti (pocket flask) and certain Finnish magazines that I don’t even read.

There were Finnish candies along the aisle before the cashier, and my grandmother was around too, wearing her long grey coat, and being considerably more healthy than she is in real life.

My mother struck up a conversation with the cashier about the music that was playing in the shop, comparing it to last month’s compilation.

It was a very dark, grey, dull dream but somehow I enjoyed it nevertheless.

Comments

Popular Posts