YAY! Fantastic Mr Fox is finally finished and is coming out in the UK later this month! The rest of the world will apparently have to wait until November to see it.

This is one of my favorite Roald Dahl books. (But as far as I know, it was never illustrated by Quentin Blake.)

I know I’ve blogged about this before, but that was so long ago, and now it’s finally knocking on the door! They decided to make it a stopmotion film, which I think is a great decision. The world is already flooded with generic-looking computer-animated animal films.

I still think it’s horrible that they turned Mr. Fox into an American instead of a clever British fox, but I suppose that that is the way that Hollywood goes. And at least they got someone suitably cocky for the role. I see they also modified the story slightly, but hopefully they still kept the essence of the thing. I also hate Generic Mr. Voiceoverman for not letting the film speak for itself, but since it’s a kids’ film, I guess they had to dumb it down further. Not to mention Americanize it even further with some baseball and American lingo. ARGH!

At least the English countryside still looks like it should!

The trailer still looks really good, and it is available in HD. Here is also a second trailer for your viewing pleasure, with a mildly less irritating Mr. Voiceoverman.

Comments

Popular Posts