Head spinning

I haven’t had time to write much for the past week - this is not because there is nothing to write about. There is!
My head is spinning with random Hebrew words. It seems to get stuck on random words and then cycles them around and around, like socks in a washing machine. Right now, it is the phrase “Harbe anashim” (lots of people).
Yesterday, I watched a tiny spider, about a quarter the size of my pinky’s nail, do a strange little dance on the outside of the “panorama” window of our flat. It walked around, mainly sticking to one area, and waving its white, fuzzy mandibles around, almost like it was waving to me or dancing the flamenco.
It was very amusing, and I spent a good amount of time looking at it. I tapped the window from the inside and it was as though I had pushed the fast forward button of the spider.
He had teeny tiny little black eyes, a beige-covered body and legs, and those cute little white fuzzy mandibles. Every one of his tiny legs had an almost microscopic black dot at the end, with which it securely tapdanced on the window.
Next Wednesday or Thursday (I think) we shall begin to learn the past tense. So far, everything we have been babbling about has been in the present tense, the imperative, and the infinitive. So we can command each other to sit, say we want to dance, and then say that we are eating dogs with honey. (No dogs with honey is not eaten here, it was just an example containing two words we have happened to learn.)
It’s no longer as horrible, but the prospect of doing this for 10 more months after February to complete the second level and third level courses fills me with dread.
I’m not interested in doing it - I think it would give me a great hatred for the language. I would much rather try to learn it hands-on first when I can finally understand it, and then if it feels hopeless dive back into these exhausting courses.
I don’t have the energy to do anything other than homework and then sleep.

Comments

Popular Posts