A concerto of hammers

The “music” started today at 8 am. Great big bashing mauls and sledgehammers, crashing down on the flat directly below mine. At first I thought someone was trying to bash my front door in - the noise was so loud and my floor shook with every blow.
It sounded like someone was taking a battering ram to my door, or perhaps trying to carry an object the size of a piano down the stairs without lifting it in the air and just dragging it down step by step.

POW! POW! POW! The blows rained down at a rate of one per second.

This continued on for 1½ hours, until it was interrupted by the lovely sounds of drilling through metal and stone.

Half an hour later, the smaller hammers came out. At least the floor has stopped shaking, but the constant *tac tac tac* *BAMMM BAMM BAMMMM* is getting on my nerves.

So far, this has been going on for 3 hours, 16 minutes, and still continuing.

Comments

Popular Posts