Nightmares

I had three nightmares last night. At least they were interrupted by a phonecall. Unfortunately, the call was about my little brother having some sort of a seizure-ish thing! Maybe he was just having my nightmares?

Two of them were some kind of rape dream. I can’t remember much, except they were horrible, and in the latter one, the rapist sewed my lips together so I wouldn’t be able to scream. And let me tell you, he definitely didn’t use anaestesia, that rusty needle was not disinfected, and the thread was thick enough to be a guitar string or something. Horrible!

I couldn’t wake up from those dreams, but then I thought I did, and there was my mother comforting me, telling me it was just a nightmare, not to worry. Then I did wake up. My mother is home in Finland, and I’m far away in Hungary. I told Eyal my dream and he mumbled something incoherent before going back to sleep. No comfort there! Pfah. But thank you mamma for the long-distance counseling!

By this point I was getting a bit nervous, because sometimes when I have had terrible nightmares, something awful happens in real life too (like people I love ending up in the hospital). Just bad luck, I guess.

Then I had a third nightmare, which was worst of all. My brother and I were taking the subway between an island and Helsinki. This subway was really a long slide, where you flopped down onto your belly and then slid through darkness and flashing lights and popped up at your destination. The wait at the station was like at a normal subway however.
My brother and I traveled back and forth. I mean, it’s a hell of a fun way to travel! But then I wanted to continue talking with a friend of mine who lived on the island and my brother went ahead. He descended the escalators and went to wait for the “subway”. I was to follow him in 3 minutes, but as I started to go down the winding(?) stairs to the slide station, this horrible mustard-colored gas started pouring up the stairwell. We were evacuated but no one knew anything about the people who had already gone down. No one could contact them, no one could go down to see what had happened, and I couldn’t find out if my brother had already taken the subway to the other station. Horrible!

Then I had a brief, short dream of respite where the same brother and I were browsing the bookshop, looking for 3-dimensional 2-dimensional art for him. It was a really awesome bookshop.

But then I woke up from that phonecall, which was a nervous wreck of my mother explaining that my brother had some sort of seizure this morning and that my dad was going to take him to the hospital! Ugh! :(
Hope it’s nothing serious. Maybe it was just a bad dream he had. Maybe it was the mustard-colored gas?

Comments

Popular Posts