Full reset.

I’ve only had this laptop for a few months, and already it’s fucked up beyond belief.

It crashes regularly if I allow my favorite screensaver to run… With the infernal Blue Screen of Death. Furthermore, it has developed some sort of a “memory leak”, where if I browse more than 9 websites at a time, I have to restart the pc afterwards in order to reset the memory. And speaking of restarting the pc, as of 2 days ago, it began to refuse to restart. The only way to reset the fucker is to hold down the power button.

So.

I see only one way out of this - a full reset back to factory settings (after spending a considerable amount of time backing up all the files.)

Damn. It’s going to be nice to (hopefully) have a nice, smooth, working computer after this, assuming it’s not a hardware problem. But it’s amazing how fast it goes down shit creek.

Just goes to show that if you give your computer names like “Loki” or “Anansi” (trickster gods), it is going to start messing around with you so badly that you’ll wish you named it something as exciting as “My pc which never crashes” instead.

Comments

Popular Posts