Eric Carle tissue paper tutorials

For anyone who has ever fallen in love with Eric Carle’s beautifully illustrated childrens books and wondered how he does it, I’ve found just the site to solve the mystery.
Not so strangely, it is his very own official website. But strangely enough for a big, famous illustrator, he offers tutorials on how he creates his stunning pieces of art.

In easy to follow slideshows, he presents different tutorials with clear photographs and simple instructions and tips.

Topics include “How I paint my tissue papers” and “How I create my pictures”. Awesome!

For those unfamiliar with the name, Eric Carle created such memorable childrens’ books as “The Very Hungry Caterpillar”, “The Mixed-Up Chamelion”, and “Have you seen my cat?”. (More images from the books here!) The plots may not be extremely exciting, but the vividly colorful illustrations are stunning.


From the “How I paint my tissue papers” tutorial



From the “How I create my pictures“-tutorial

Comments

Popular Posts