A little more shit.

The day after I wrote about my wonderful experiences with diahrrea (WOW.. I think that’s the first time in my life I spelled it right without having to look it up…) and how much better I was feeling having had a nearly solid shit, things went back to squelchy mode.

In fact, I spent most of the vacation at the Dead Sea and the Red Sea suffering, groaning, and squelching.

Don’t get me wrong. It was better. It was still not like a sawed-off shotgun (luckily it’s only been like that once in my life, when I was 18), and I didn’t have to run to the toilet every 15 minutes… but having a shit was still a dreaded moment every day.
The worst part was the smell, and then the need to take a shower after every time.

I had one day of reprieve. After eating wonderful Jordinian food while visiting the <far too amazing for words> ruins of Petra, which I shall write more about later, I actually managed to produce a completely normal, and satisfying session of poo. It was wonderful. But then the squirts came back the next day.

Upon returning to Northern Israel, I politely requested a cure from the doctor. He promptly put me on antibiotics and some sort of anti-ulcer pills. Whichever the problem was, it seems to be gone now after 5-days of chugging a handful of pills. *knocks on wood*

But I’m still scared that it’ll come back! Perhaps a week more will convince me that I am finally well. :)

Comments

Popular Posts