Scooter ride

I’ve never ridden anything with two wheels more exciting than a bicycle. This leaves me a little disappointed, because there are exciting things with two wheels that go much faster and make vrooming sounds.

I’ve had multiple friends who have promised me rides on their motorbikes.. but yesterday I finally got to try a scooter-ride!

It wasn’t from a young, sexy Portuguese or Englishman - it was from my boyfriend’s dad. Oh well. :) Still fun as heck.

Wearing a little summer dress and a helmet that made my head feel about 30% bigger than it actually was, I daintily clung to his shoulders as we zipped through an Israeli city with its crazy drivers and multitudes of roundabouts. (Not the types with ponies going in circles - the types with crazy drivers who don’t know how to use indicators going in circles.)

I was well aware that my skull was mostly safe, but my face would probably get a proper battering if worst came to worst, not to mention the scrapes the rest of me would get! Summer dresses are not very protective.

ANYWAY. I felt like a dog with its face hanging out of a car window. The breeze was wonderful, and the zipping around through traffic was fun. It was like taking all the good parts of bicycling: the open air and breeze, the speed, and the feeling of freedom; and then removing the pesky bicycling part and increasing the speed. I have to get me one of those!

Comments

Popular Posts