Wedding details

I recently had the pleasure of attending a wedding. It was the first wedding for a family member. This was big brother’s marriage to his beautiful bride.

It was an elegant but fun wedding. I loved all the little details!
The whole thing was done to a decoration theme that was white and fresh spring leaf green… which was lucky for me, as that happened to be the color of my clothing - white with light green details.

It was a great chance for me to get to meet the other half of my brother’s relatives, and to get to know my new sister-in-law and her family. The poor girl was so stressed before the wedding that I thought she was going to burst into tears on the spot. But once the whole thing was underway and the live music band (brother’s childhood friends) started rocking the place, she loosened up and started to boogie with the best of them.

I don’t know who designed the whole wedding, but it was so delicate and pretty!

Drinks and petals

There was an abundance of drinks to choose from, not just wine and champagne, but liqueurs, punch, juice, fizzy drinks, juice, and water as well.
Alluring little cloth flower petals were strewn across the tables and window sills.

wood curtain

The location was unique. It was large with curious little details, such as this curtain made from antique weathered wood, old farmyard tools, and hand-painted murals.

Cake and gown

Food was plentiful with a huge selection available for all sorts of tastebuds and appetites. The cake decoration had the traditional bride and groom in an untraditional pose… We shall have to see if it stands true or not.
The bride gown was spectacular - I’d seen it haunting a clothes hanger but it looked fantastic on the bride. I wish I had gotten a better picture of all the dainty little details.

bouquet and ring pillow

Lots of thought had also gone into the things that most people wouldn’t even see. The bouquet was interlaced with silver threads and pretty little beads that could have made an exquisite piece of jewelry on its own. I’m not a fan of hearts and pearls, but it worked with the huge, layered roses.
I especially loved the twined little flowers on the ring bearer pillow. It’s a shame most people didn’t get to see it properly.

The music evolved from a cheesy sort of Finnish cruise boat music into something that really got everyone out on the dance floor. Once they started rocking, people were even singing along. No one (except me - I’m such a stiff prude) cared how they looked and just had a great time twisting, rocking, waltzing, and improvising their own crazy moves. Especially the kids couldn’t get enough. I don’t understand how they had so much energy!

All in all, the best wedding I’ve been to! Great fun. I look forward to the next one… but I don’t know whose turn it will be!

Comments

Popular Posts