Fat cat wrist-support

I needle-felted this fat little bugger as a graduation present for a friend who was complaining that her wrists hurt from too much typing.

I haven’t seen her use it yet, but other people seemed to like it anyway, and it was a fun, experimental process to make.

It’s not intended to look like a seal - it’s a cat. A very bloated cat. My apologies for the poor photos, but I didn’t have time to take a proper picture before I handed it over. Yes, it is in fact wresting on a gravestone, but this is just because it was the cleanest, nicest surface I could find in that particular park.

You can’t see it in these pictures, but he actually has a white chin and chest. I think future versions will include more details!

It’s needle-felted, which means that I took some ‘raw’ wool and then poked it with a needle over and over again until the wool became more fabric-like. The inside has a double layer of old tights filled with dried peas. :) I’ll try to sell these in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts