Feverish worries


I’ve been bitten by the bug and I am coming down with oh
Something that can’t be cured
There aint a doctor in this town who is more qualified than you

I am ready for the news so tell me straight
Hey doctor just what do you diagnose
There aint a surgeon like you any place in all the world
So now, shall I remove my clothes



Ah, how I love the silliness of this song. I confess, I have a slight secret shameful liking for this Kylie Minogoue song called “Fever”.  But never fear, that is not the point of this post.

I do in fact have a fever. My head feels like it’s doing cartwheels, my throat is swelling up rapidly and painfully (it started happening so fast I was afraid I had an allergic reaction to something random), my cheeks are red, I am even more scatterbrained than usual, and I feel the need to do stuff and can’t sit still. At least the strange helmet of a headache went away right about when the floor started diving towards me. :)

My grandpa is doing far worse. His feet are swollen, he is tired, so tired of life. I’m worried. What will happen? There’s no one there to take care of him except for the nurse who visited him twice today. Are we going to lose him this time?

Don’t really know why I’m writing this post - not looking for pity. I think I just needed to get it out into the open.

Comments

Popular Posts