Mind-numbingly mind-numbed

Pardon the lack of energy or imagination behind this post, but I am utterly pooped. Who ever thought that listening to a 1 hour and 15 minute interview with a woman in it and transcribing it for 10 hours word for word could be so exhausting?

No, scratch that. Who, never having tried it, would ever imagine that it would simply take that long? Did I forget to mention that I have to annotate the time for each question and each reply by the timestamp on the video?

But that’s not what I wanted to rant about today. I could go on but it would sap the energy for the rest of the stuff.

So yes. I’m home again. Israel is behind me and I don’t know when I’ll go there again. I enjoyed almost every minute of it if you ignore moments such as losing my sketchbook or dying from the heat. Speaking of sketchbook, I still have to scan my sketches… Ah well.

I arrived home, planning to enjoy 1 week of recovering from the trip… but to my surprise, I had some extra work waiting for me - the one I began by complaining about. Please don’t get me wrong - right now, every little euro helps in my unformed idea of escape. I’m planning on gathering a little horde and then.. not sure what. But yes. Anyway.. although I whine about the job, it’s a good opportunity to-.. Oh crap. It’s turning into a rant again. Quick. Hide.

I was trying to say, I arrived home, was suprised by work, and have since been trying to recover from workdays instead. My cat still seems deliriously happy whenever she sees me. It is almost as if she is not yet used to having me at home again and is pleasantly surprised each time she manages to spot me. She follows me everywhere and purrs at the lightest touch. Beautiful thing. And she hasn’t been making any of her demands yet. (LIE DOWN! SIT DOWN! LET ME GET ON YOUR LAP! LET’S GO OUTSIDE!) She’s still in the honeymoon phase.

Today was my brother’s birthday. Yesterday, we gave him a gift I had thought of and we had bought together on a family excursion for him over a month earlier. I’m rather proud of having thought of it… it is… an


EP CALIBER M24 SCHWEIZER 300C Readyset Helicopter!

Wooh! Maybe after he learns to use it, he can teach me.. :D Harr! So happy birthday, li’l bro. Sorry I haven’t written one of those timely, inspired, heart-touching blog posts about you, but feel free to pretend I did. And now I’ll stop before I do make it into one. :p

Comments

Popular Posts