Late start

14 minutes before I was meant to be on the bus, I woke up and wondered if I was meant to be awake. The cat purring hypnotically on the pillow next to my head did not help things. I looked at my phone, saw the time, and hopped out of bed, pausing only to take my jeans with me as I scavenged for more clean clothes to slip into. 

I had breakfast - two sandwiches and two mini-cinnamon buns. I regret that I did not have time to drink anything, but I did however brush my hair, put on deoderant, and perform other necessities. 

I found my backpack, put on my shoes, walked calmly out the door, enjoying the weather, and made it to the bus stop, where I waited for the metal lump to arrive. About four minutes later, I was on the bus, and we left together for the city. 

I do not understand how it can take some people a full hour to prepare for their day. I admit that I would have preferred to have had 15 more minutes so that I could have had something nice and hot to drink, but what can you do? 

Either I have such high self-esteem that I don’t have to stand pouting in front of a mirror half an hour before a day of work, or then I have such low self-esteem that I don’t think it would improve things. Who knows? Not me, but I’m happy to be like this.

Comments

Popular Posts