I remember getting into trouble...

Mood: Don’t let today end!  Playing: Garmarna - Herr Holkin

My dad returned from some businesstrip. He brought me a little box, made in Japan, that when I now think about is quite ominous. puzzlebox This wasn’t a box you could open. You could move bits in it, much like the puzzlebox in Hellraiser (see image). This was not that box, but it did bring me a lot of trouble when I started fiddling with it.

You see, this box was a kind of stationary cube. You could dislodge and remove things from it, like scissors, a ruler, or a craftknife.

I liked this knife. I extracted it and began to play with it. The scissosrs, were far too safe to even kill paper properly, so you see I had to use the knife. I picked up pieces of colored paper and began to carve out shapes: hearts, stars, circles… All very pretty and clean things. And I showed them to my parents, who were very impressed until they realized I had been using an antique wooden chair as a cutting board.

The knife was confiscated. I was able to launch a rescue operation on a later date, but first I had to accidentally wreak more havoc. You see, I still had the scissors.

Inspired by kids’ programs which encouraged me to make puzzles by gluing pictures onto cardboard and cutting them into pieces, I sat about making a puzzle for my mother.

Somehow, I managed to use these tiny scissors, too tiny even for the hands of a 6-year old. I skipped the gluing-on-to-cardboard bit and set about making my masterpiece. Right about this time, Pinhead popped out of the box and all hell broke loose again. For when I showed my mother what I was doing, she was horrified and confiscated the project from me, putting all the bits and pieces into one of those ziplock bags she seems to be so fond of.

It was an antique childrens’ book with golden binding this time, illustrating the tale of a little elephant…


Pinhead
This handsome mug, by the way, belongs to Pinhead

Comments

Popular Posts