The Presidental Prayer Squad & Explosive Eggs

Mood: A wee bit frightened  Playing: Satanicide - Keep it in your pants

Through eeore’s list of links, I came upon this particular horror.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you:
Presidential Prayer Squad


The President, a born-again, spirit-filled, saved-by-the-dripping-blood of Christ Christian, understands the importance of praying while other folks are watching. “It just makes sense to me,” he says, “to start each day by taking matters of national security to an invisible man named Jesus who lives on a cloud in a place so darn rich their Department of Transportation has done all their roads in gold. And no matter what Jesus inspires me to say, Jesus always ends up agreeing with it - which, I guess, kind of makes sense now that I think about it.” The President is concerned that there are millions of people in the world who picked the wrong God.

Source


Too frightening to be funny, really… In my current fuzzy state of mind, it had be believing it for a minute or so… I don’t know if that makes *me* the scary one or my present view of what’s going on in the US.

I went to the real site to see how similar it might be to the truth published there, but was unfortunately sidetracked by the news of the $31-million grants for abstinence education I stumbled upon. Most appropriately, Satanicide’s “Keep it in your pants” was playing right then. Following the little red string, I came to the HRSA News with an article on the grants.


“Sexual activity before marriage can have a negative social and psychological impact on teenagers,” Health and Human Services Secretary Tommy G. Thompson said. “Abstinence-only education programs support teens in their decision to remain abstinent until marriage.”

Source


Hmmm… Alright, fair enough. Each to their own. I’m sure the brainwashing I received in the Health classes during my several year period in NY has positively influenced me. We were shown most graphic videos about smoking. I’ve never in my life even tasted a cigarette or a cigar (although I like the scent of cigar-boxes). Drugs? Well, I haven’t tried most of them. That’s good, right? And the most graphic video ever? Most violent thing I’ve ever been shown.. it was even worse than the shock-factor of being flashed such vile images of people injured from brawls and fights… I haven’t tried that either. What happens if you stick an egg (without a hole in it) into a microwave? It explodes. So does the microwave. The door was blown clean off its hinges. Instant replay. Instant replay, slow motion… COoooOOoooOoool!!!!!! I am sure that there was not one kid in that room who did not feel the duplicate that experiment at that very moment. Somehow, even half a dozen years later, I’ve managed to avoid giving in to this temptation.

Egg-splosion
Stole this off someone’s page. It’s got lots of more photos from their experiment if anyone’s interested. What I find to be the interesting thing is that their door didn’t blow off or the glass shatter. This makes me wonder what sort of plastic explosives they put into the microwave in the video they showed us. Or was it an ostrich egg? Disappointing.

There. Another childhood fantasy demolished. Still, the dream of it lives on…

Comments

Popular Posts