Green feet and orange screens

Grandma’s got a new cat and I’ve got green feet… In the 20 years I’ve known grandma, she’s never had a cat… but she assures me that they used to have one or two a long long time ago.

This cat, this tiny, delicate little kitten, is called Roberta. Roberta? No offense to anyone out there, but Roberta really sounds like the name of some larger creature than a cat that will always be small enough to lift with one hand and jump over 2 meters at its own whim. But perhaps this is because I Once Upon A Time designed that one cd cover…

This CD cover was made entirely by hand because the graphic design teacher we had was delayed technologywise by about two decades. Still, it didn’t go too badly. I decided to make a cover along the style of E-Rotic, imagining mine would be a cheesy German dance cd directed at teens. I’m going to have to see if I can find it… Anyway, it featured brilliant song titles such as Lederwurst und Gummihosen and the masterpiece Bertha hatt grosse Zeppelinen.

I’ve been dragging in grass. I bet I could stain things green with merely the soles of my feet. In fact, as I sit here with one foot upon the chair (my chin leaning on the knee) and the other nicely tucked underneath me, a pleasant grassy scent wafts upwards from them. I’m indoors, but I smell of outdoors.
This is because dad cut the grass and had me raking it all up and putting it away onto the compost heap. Wish I’d known mother’d be making pancakes for dinner, not breakfast or lunch and I would probably have eaten the latter too instead of saving space for those pancakes and feeling weak while I worked.

I’ve submitted the new design of my blog for approval, whatever that means. I’m curious to see how long it’ll take before it’s accepted. I wish I’d known what I was doing, but hey, maybe it’ll get accepted anything. Meanwhile, I’ll sit here and suffer with the default layout, which isn’t too bad if you don’t mind a lot of orange.

Comments

Popular Posts